Using Tomboy as a simple Note tool already for a while, I quite liked it not long ago.
But when I found it is written by C# … -_-|| and recently it didn’t work that well . First, my Windows XP is replaced by Windows7 in office; Second, Macbook Pro replaced Ubuntu Notebook at home. Some unexpected things happened:
- In windos7 , didn’t support dotnet sdk 4.0, have to downgrade to 3.5 to make it work
- Ubuntu One remove web interface to manage notes, quite inconvenient
- written in C#, need install Mono first on Mac OX or Linux, I hate that
- Mobile version developing very slowly, still not able edit on Mobile
Then , I didn’t spend too many time to decide to switch to EverNote :
- It’s Mature and Powerful
- Support Web, OX,ISO, Windows, Android … However, not Linux.
But, there are a few alternative solution when using in Ubuntu (or Linux):
1. Just using the Web UI. (strong recommend)
Unlike the old Ubuntu One, EverNote’s Web UI is very powerful, almost provide all function and is quite quick.
2. Install Windows version in wine
Could be a little slowly. But mainly , I don’t like to use wine to install such kind of frequently used tool.
3. Install NixNote
NixNote is not developed by EverNote, but can synchronize with EverNote. KDE style , not elegant and a little slow.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/nevernote sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nixnoet
TagsAgile Android Bash Book Boxing C Communication Compress Database Eclipse Encoding EverNote Fcitx Generic Grep HTTP HTTPD Interview Invokevirtual Java Java7 Life Linux Management Maven Network Pattern Plan ProductManager ProductOwner python Resignation Review Scrum ScrumWorks SSH StevenJobs SUDO SVN Thread Tomcat Ubuntu Vim Work Zimbra